Homeowners in England and Wales have the opportunity to apply for Green Deal Cashback Funding Scheme. The Green Deal Cashback Scheme allows owners to make home improvements in order to save energy, without bearing the full cost for the improvements. Thus, you can make energy saving changes to your home and the Government will provide you with cash-back for some of the expense.
Every homeowner within England and Wales can qualify for the Cashback Scheme by conducting improvements within their home once they have applied for the Green Deal scheme. The Government will pay nearly two-thirds of the costs of the energy efficient changes. Thus, the more changes you make, the more you are paid.
Take the Green Deal Test here to check eligibility
In order to apply for a Green Deal Cashback Scheme, you should follow this process:
- First, you need to apply for a Green Deal assessment of your home. Once the assessment has been completed, it will provide you with a list of recommended measures in which you can attain cash-back on them.
- To determine the amount of cashback, get quotes from a Green Deal Provider who can estimate the costs and benefits of various energy saving methods for your property.
- Apply for the Cashback Scheme prior to beginning the improvement work. You can either register yourself online or get assistance from a valid Green Deal Provider.
- The Scheme clearly states that all changes must be made within 3 months of registration, except for the process of solid wall insulation, which can take as long as 6 months for completion.
- With the help of your Green Deal Provider, you can ascertain that you have made all of the necessary modifications within your home, and thus, you are eligible for a cashback. You will only receive payment for the changes once they have been completed.
There are a number of home improvements that are valid within the Green Deal Cashback Funding Scheme. These include:
- Different types of insulation processes for roofs, walls and other areas around the house.
- Altering performance of boilers to assure better performance with reduced energy consumption and wastage.
- Replacement of old heating units to provide efficient performance and conserve energy.
To facilitate the process of the assessment and installation of energy saving technology approved by the Green Deal Scheme, contact A&M Energy Solutions, who is authorized to provide homeowners with energy saving solutions and services as stated in the Green Deal policy.