Solar PV systems take the form of either roof tiles or panels which capture natural sunlight radiation through photovoltaic cells. This energy is then converted into electricity which can be used to power lighting and appliances in the home.
It is a common misconception that such systems aren’t effective in the UK due to limited hours of sunshine – in reality, cells still generate electricity on cloudy days.
After installation, an import/export meter delivers electricity to the property or, if a surplus has been generated and depending on demand, it can be sold back through to the national grid. Alternatively, this can be used to charge a bank of batteries, allowing off-grid properties to store the energy for use, when required.
No waste or emissions are created in the collection process.
Benefits of Solar PV Systems
- Beat rising energy costs by producing cheap, green electricity
- Enjoy 45% reductions on heating bills
- Reduce the carbon footprint of your home
- Panels last for around 25 years with little maintenance required during this time
- Produce up to 50% of the electricity that you use
- Increase the value of your property
- Save approximately £1300 per annum using a standard system
- Energy grants and funding are available
- All components supplied and installed by trained technicians
- Receive independent and impartial advice
A&M Energy Solutions offer a range of other renewable energy solutions including Solar Thermal Systems, Rainwater Harvesting, Air Source Heat Pumps and Ground Source Heat Pumps.