Solar thermal systems are a clean, efficient and cost-effective method of using energy from the sun to provide a home’s hot water supply.
They utilise evacuated tubes or hot water panels which are usually installed on a south-facing roof. Using heat transfer fluid, the collector transfers heat from direct sunlight into a hot water cylinder through a dedicated coil.
Able to work all-year-round, not just in the summer months, a system can provide in excess of 60% of a home’s hot water.
Benefits of Solar Thermal Systems
- Save up to £100 per year on energy bills
- Integrates easily with conventional water heating systems, including combination boilers
- Enjoy carbon savings of 230kgCO2/year to 510kgCO2/year
- Maintenance costs are very low and systems often come with a five or ten-year warranty
- Produce up to 70% of your annual hot water requirements
- Increase the value of your property
- Earn money through new Government incentives
- All components supplied and installed by trained technicians
- Receive independent and impartial advice
A&M Energy Solutions offer a range of other renewable energy solutions including Solar PV Systems, Rainwater Harvesting, Air Source Heat Pumps and Ground Source Heat Pumps.